Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just one more for today... I saved the best for last!!

 Ok, I know I'm really pushin' the paintings on you guys lately. What can I say, I go through painting spurts. I've been painting most of the day. To those of you who've stopped by and left a comment, if I haven't come to visit you today I promise I'm on my way tomorrow!


Today was all about reworking paintings I had laying around. I added layers and layers of different stains to this one to give it an aged look.


Pardon the poor picture quality. I had every light on in the house and just couldn't get a decent shot. I couldn't wait to share it though...
















I am so in love with this!!!  I think this is one of my fave paintings yet. It looks so good in my hutch. It will be bittersweet if it sells.










It looks "glisten-y" because it is still wet, which makes it very hard to photograph.



I think it would look neat above a stove...on the back-splash. I will take more pics later. The pics don't do the color justice. The tobacco stain and scratchiness don't show up.

Guess I better hop into bed. Happy Friday!

♥Linsey





17 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

I love the rose print. How much?

Question also, I am having trouble posting a new post. Have you had this problem?

You are so talented! You are one of my favorites!

White Lace and Promises said...

Have you done a seascape?

Pura Vida said...

This is very pretty looks so good in your shelf

Alaina said...

Your paintings are just amazing. I love that you age some of them, great way to set yourself apart from other artists.

Carolyn said...

Your painting is so "old world" and just what I wish I could find when I am on the search for a painting that will fit in at my house. You don't see that kind of talent at Homegoods! I can tell you're an "old soul". Just beautiful.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

This piece looks like it's a hundred years old with the tobacco stain. Beautiful!

I agree, it's perfect in your cabinet.

Anne said...

Linsey,
What a beautiful Rose painting.It does look old.I love this look!
(((Hugs)))
Anne

Anonymous said...

I always gravitate to paintings like this in antique shops. It is just stunning.

Cynthia said...

I love this painting and it looks so good where you placed it. Love it!!

Cynthia

Paula said...

Gorgeous!
And yep, the one in your cupboard looks so pretty I would be thinkin' that just have to stay put... *wink*

Sharon said...

Wow! I love your little rose painting! I have dabbled a bit with painting here and there over the years...and could not ever master a rose! I love yours! I am going to have go back through your archives...and see how you antiqued it like that!
Thanks for sharing!
Sharon

Stephanie said...

LOVE this! I think you should keep it!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

So very lovely...you are very talented!!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi! I just found your blog and so glad I did, my dad painted in oils so looking at your paintings brought back alot of good memories of him:)
I'm now a follower in GFC and Linky! I love the picture on your sidebar of your girls...so pretty!

Rondell

The Farmers Daughter said...

Roses!!! My favorite flower. . .Beautiful painting!!!!!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I love florals like this! I have to tell you, I thought of you yesterday. My hubby and I were at Goodwill and hubby found this beautiful oil painting of a country scene that looked like it had been purposely aged. It's large and has a nice wooden frame. Just $5 and when I looked at the back, it had a sticker from a very upscale shop in town. I figured they must've donated it to Goodwill. Just $5! Needless to say, it came home with us. Anywho, it made me think of you and your paintings which are so very beautiful!

Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

Hi Linsey! Your paintings are just beautiful and I don't blame you for not really wanting to part with this one. I love the muted, smoky colors and the antiqued/distressed look from the stain. That being said, I think the pastoral scene is perfect as it is. The pastel colors are very french country and seem to fit the subject matter just the way they should for that style. (just my amateur opinion. LOL) Newly linking up with the party today and following on FB, Pinterest, GFC and Linky. Thanks for hosting today. Have a truly awesome week! ~Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...